The Queensland Farmers’ Federation and the Australian Red Cross are delivering two free online workshops focussing on decision-making tools that farmers and agribusinesses can apply during tough times such as flood, drought and cyclone recovery.
These online workshops aim to create an industry support network for farmers and equip them with the skills and resources they need to recover and remain resilient following a natural disaster and mentor fellow farmers facing their own challenges.
The workshops are designed for:
- Primary producers and key staff
- Farming family members
- Agriculture industry recovery officers
- Local agricultural business managers
- Anyone working with farming communities during natural disaster recovery
The workshops will look at:
- Stress and impacts on farming families and their supporters
- Wellbeing and signs of burnout
- How to make wise decisions during stressful times
- How to support each other as an Industry Support Network
The project is funded through the Australian and Queensland Governments Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 2018 and administered by the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors as part of the Category C Far North Queensland and North Queensland Monsoon Trough Flexible Funding Grant.
Although funding for this product has been provided by both the Australian and Queensland Governments, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views of either Government.
Pop the following dates and times into your diary and click on the links to join the webinars.
Thursday 18 March
12.00pm – 2.15pm
Tuesday 23 March
4.00pm – 6.15pm