Financial assistance available to bushfire affected farmers and individuals

Impacted farmers in 11 local government areas across Southern and Eastern Queensland will now have access to grants of up to $75,000 to assist with their bushfire recovery.

The grants are being provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) and are available to bushfire-impacted farmers in the Bundaberg, Gladstone, Gympie, Ipswich, Livingstone, Lockyer Valley, Noosa, Scenic Rim, Somerset, Southern Downs, Sunshine Coast, and Toowoomba local government areas.

While concessional loans of up to $500,000 are available to help primary producers repair or replace fire damaged buildings, plant and equipment or livestock, and up to $100,000 to help primary producers continue operations who have suffered a significant loss of income.

Primary producers also have access to freight subsidies of up to $5000 to help with the transportation of stock, feed, machinery, fuel, and water, as well as building and fencing materials.

Producers in other affected areas can apply for an Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration, which gives access to freight subsidies up to $5,000 from DAF, and Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) Disaster Assistance loans of up to $250,000 available at a concessional interest rate.

Residents in parts of the Livingstone, Noosa, Bundaberg, Scenic Rim, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Gympie, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley and Somerset local government areas who have been affected by bushfires can also access financial assistance and support services.

Emergency Hardship Assistance Grants of up to $180 per person, to a maximum of $900 for a family of five or more, are now available to eligible people experiencing genuine financial hardship as a result of the impact of the bushfires.

Other grants such the Essential Household Contents Grant and Structural Assistance Grant, which are income tested, are also available to eligible residents in these areas who are uninsured and have experienced certain loss or damage following this disaster.

Staff from other government agencies including Department of Housing and Public Works and non-government partners such as the Red Cross and Lifeline will also be on hand at the hubs to offer support to affected residents.

For information on Emergency Bushfire Response in Primary Industries Grants, Disaster Assistance (Primary Producers) Loans, Disaster Assistance (Essential Working Capital) Loans Scheme for Primary Producers, and Freight Subsidies contact Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority on 13 25 23 or visit

Information on applying for an IDSP declaration can be found at or phone 13 25 23 for assistance.

Grant applications can also be completed through the Community Recovery online portal at via the Self Recovery app.

Alternatively, residents can ring the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 to apply for grants over the phone or to seek advice on how to access other support services.

To keep up-to-date on the latest bushfire situation visit